Crown Point Ecology Center
The Crown Point Ecology Center provides a unique and wonderful learning experience for those looking to learn more about farm life, and the science of Ecology. Established in 1989, Crown Point now offers a wide range of work shops and study groups to the public, including a variety of summer camps for kids, adult educational programs, Farm & Science Camp, Youth Service Learning projects and so much more. The Crown Point Ecology Center also works hand in hand with the Akron/Bath community giving away tens of thousands of pounds of produce every year to local food banks, restaurants and community members in need.
- Hours: Dawn to dusk. Closed major holidays.
- Founding Date: 1989
- What makes this community special?: Since 1997, we have donated over 275,000 pounds of organic produce to the Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 3
- How engaged is the school with the community?: We have countless of farm and science camp for youngsters all the way to adults, including adult workshops, summer farm camps, as well as donating large amounts of produce to local food banks and people in need.
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: This farm was first purchased all the way back in 1810 by European settlers and has had over 8 different owners until it was renovated by the Stoller sisters.
- Features: Benches, Picnic tables
- Services: Restrooms, Tours
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets, No smoking
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 115 acres