After last week’s board meeting laid off 34 teachers for the next school year in case a pending tax levy fails to pass. The district has set up a section on its Web site to try to answer questions and concerns of the public.
The district's site documents the process, including the budgetary reasons behind the cuts and what procedure will be used for callbacks -- if the levy passes or other teachers retire and/or leave the district before next school year.
An item on administrative contracts at Revere that was tabled last meeting will be taken up when the board meets at 7:30 a.m. Friday in the Administration Building, 3496 Everett Road, Richfield.
The contracts were tabled because some board members wanted to study the agreements before voting on them. Superintendent Randy Boroff said it was the same contracts the district has been using for years.
Boroff said all salaries are being frozen. Two administrative positions were moved into half time in a separate agenda item.
Upcoming school events
- Friday is the end of the grading period for Revere and Copley-Fairlawn City Schools.
- will be busy this week with two music performances. The “Music In Our Schools” concert is set for 7: 30 p.m. Tuesday and the Ohio Music Education Association Solo and Ensemble Event is set for all day Saturday at the school, 1531 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road, Copley Township.
- will have its spring music production at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the school, 1600 Raleigh Blvd., Copley Township.
- School's fourth grad choral group will perform at at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. Thursday at the school, 1246 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road, Akron.
- Copley-Fairlawn Schools kindergarten registrationis Thursday.
- students will have spring pictures on Tuesday and its market day from 5 to 6 p.m. that night.
- will have a blood drive on Wednesday.
- second grade career day is Wednesday.