.

Bath Residents Left With $100,000 in Fire Damage

The fire occurred at 1340 N. Cleveland-Massillon Rd. on Wednesday.

The residents of 1340 N. Cleveland-Massillon Rd. are looking at about $100,000 in damage after a fire ripped through part of their home on Wednesday.

The fire, which started in the chimney and moved into the second story and attic of the residence, was quickly extinguished by the Bath, Copley, Fairlawn and Richfield Fire Departments. 

According to Bath Fire Chief Walter Hower, the blaze caused roughly $80,000 in structural damage and $20,000 in smoke damage. 

"My advice to residents would be to have their chimneys regularly cleaned and inspected, especially given the season we're in," said Hower. 

No injuries were reported.

This is the second time a structure on this property has caught fire within a year.

Read on:

 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something