.

Bath Resident Arrives Home, Finds House on Fire

Bath Township firefighters rushed to the 3300 block of Shade Road to extinguish a house fire on Thursday night.

No injuries were reported Thursday after a fire broke out inside a Bath home.

According to Bath Township Asst. Fire Chief Tim Gemind, firefighters responded to 3305 Shade Rd. on Feb. 21 at 9 p.m., and began extinguishing a relatively small fire burning in the interior and exterior walls adjacent to the residence's wood burning fireplace.

After the fire was doused, smoldering insulation was removed and smoke was ventilated from the home, said Gemind.

The homeowner was reportedly out to dinner when the fire started, and happened to come home just as the fire broke out. Damage was estimated at $10,000. 

The Copley, Fairlawn and Richfield Fire Departments assisted in putting out the fire.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »