From raging electrical fires, mass flooding and downed trees, Hurricane Sandy, now a tropical storm, definitely left her mark on the East Coast.
Here's a roundup of some of the biggest stories coming out of our Patch sisters in the east.
- There was so much flooding in New Jersey's Hoboken Patch Mayor Dawn Zimmer called in the National Guard.
- It seemed the whole island was under water in Ocean City Patch Tuesday morning. Check out these flooding photos.
- In Toms River Patch, NJ, residents were urged to stay home Tuesday numerous fallen trees, pockets of fire and constant calls for rescue.
- In Greenwich Patch, more than Several prominent members also joined the fire department to help put out a fire that ripped through three homes.
- Two people in New York's Ditmas Park Patch were killed when a tree fell on them while they were walking their dog.
- In New York, and could be for a week, reports Carroll Gardens Patch.
- Because salt water is especially corrosive to subway systems, Fort Greene-Clinton Hill Patch will be without the subway for an extended period of time.