After being informed of a crime ring passing fake $100 bills in several Macy's stores across the state, the security guard at the Summit Mall Macy's spotted one of the suspects on surveillance on Dec. 9.
According to a Fairlawn police report, Amanda Scott, 24, of Rockaway, NY, attempted to make a purchase using two counterfeit 100s. The security guard caught up with the woman after she received change for her purchase.
Scott had 13 counterfeit $100 bills on her, according to the report. Police charged Scott with theft by deception and forgery. She was taken to the Summit County Jail.
That same day, the security guard found eight more counterfeit bills, the report stated.
See More on Patch
- Man Needs Stitches after Petting 'Friendly' Dog: Police Blotter
- Leaving Kids Alone in Mall Lands Mom in Trouble
- Watch Your Spare Tires; Shoplifter's Trick Doesn't Work: Police Blotter
- Police: Macy's Clerk Punched During Struggle With Thief
- Funky Odor Dooms Suspected Chuck E. Cheese Weed Dealer: Best of the Blotter
Most Popular articles
- 2 Dads Turn in Sons in Separate Cases: Police Blotter
- Grand Opening Planned for New Fitness Facility on Miller Road
- Fiscal Office Now Offering Wallet-Size Veteran I.D. Cards
- Officers Honored for Saving Victims of Fiery Crash
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter