The Bath Township Police Department received several calls on Nov. 24 about a Chevrolet Tahoe swerving all over Interstate 77 heading north, a report stated.
An officer caught up with Michelle Mahnen, 39, of Wadsworth, in the 77 north rest area. She was attempting to get back on the highway when she was pulled over, the report stated.
The officer could smell alcohol on Mahnen and the report said her speech was slurred. When Mahnen refused to take sobriety tests, she was taken back to the police department.
Once at the station, Mahnen refused to take a breath test and started getting combative with officers, taking a fighting stance and attempting to bite officers, said Chief Michael McNeely.
No one was injured and Mahnen was taken to the Summit County Jail. Police charged her with driving under the influence, open container and obstructing official business, the report stated.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- 2 Dads Turn in Sons in Separate Cases: Police Blotter
- Grand Opening Planned for New Fitness Facility on Miller Road
- Officers Honored for Saving Victims of Fiery Crash
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- Bath Gets Grant to Study Bicycle, Pedestrian Access in the Area