The proposal to build a McDonald's at the corner of Shiawassee and West Market Street is going before the Fairalwn Planning Commission tonight.
According to the Akron Beacon Journal, McDonald's developers plan for a 4,500-square-foot building.
Roth said the land used to belong to a gas station, but it has since been remediated by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
ABJ reports the builders expect to close the land deal in April.
Several of Fairlawn-Bath Patch's Facebook fans have sounded off on this development and say building a McDonald's is a bad idea, especially with one so close by. Some people are also concerned about the chemicals from the nearby laundromat in the ground.
Planning Commission will make the final approval of the plans at 5:30 tonight, and if you want to go in favor of or to oppose the plan there will be time for public speaking.
If you can't make it but wish to tell the board about your concerns, here are their names and emails.
Bob Hochevar email@example.com
Jan Cook firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Swartz email@example.com
Julie Sipka firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Rainey J.Scott.Rainey@schwab.com
Tim Sisler email@example.com
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- House for Sale Has Bathroom with Whirlpool Tub, Double Sinks
- Grand Opening Planned for New Fitness Facility on Miller Road
- Police Ask Parents to Register Graduation Parties
- What’s the Going Rate For a Lawn Service in Fairlawn and Bath?