Each gift card was worth $100 and one gift card had $48 left on it when the transaction was done. Instead of giving that gift card back to the customer, the clerk kept it and gave the customer the empty one, the report stated.
The customer later noticed they had the empty card and reported it to the store. After investigating and watching video, Sam's Club security saw the clerk take the card and use it next door at Walmart.
The employee, 19, of Akron, admitted she stole the card and used it. Police charged her with theft.
See More on Patch
- Employee Rings Up Gift Cards, and Gives them to Himself: Police Blotter
- Couple Goes to Police about Stalker: Fairlawn Blotter
- Baggy Pants Hide What? More Pants: Police Blotter
- Quick-Change Artist Nabbed After Stealing from Subway
- Funky Odor Dooms Suspected Chuck E. Cheese Weed Dealer: Best of the Blotter
Most Popular articles
- Grand Opening Planned for New Fitness Facility on Miller Road
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- House for Sale Has Bathroom with Whirlpool Tub, Double Sinks
- Bath Gets Grant to Study Bicycle, Pedestrian Access in the Area
- Officers Honored for Saving Victims of Fiery Crash