AP Exams are based on a composite score of 1 to 5, where 5 is equivalent to a grade of A in the corresponding college course. Edwin not only received the top score of 5 — ranking among 15.5 percent of students to fall within this top score category in 2012 — but in doing so, was one of the only three students in the world to earn every point possible on the English Language and Composition Exam, answering every multiple-choice question correctly and earning full points on each of the essays in the free-response section of the exam. Edwin earned 150 out of 150.
In total, 443,835 students took the AP English Language and Composition Exam in 2012.
"Edwin truly exemplified all of the qualities we expect at Revere," said Principal Phil King. "With support of his teachers and parents, it is no surprise, that he has achieved such a high honor. We wish him continued success as he pursues his college degree."
Edwin is studying economics at Yale University.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Grand Opening Planned for New Fitness Facility on Miller Road
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- Bath Gets Grant to Study Bicycle, Pedestrian Access in the Area
- House for Sale Has Bathroom with Whirlpool Tub, Double Sinks
- Officers Honored for Saving Victims of Fiery Crash