The Revere Local School District has released the 2012-13 school bus run for kindergarten through high school students. Students must be at their bus stop 5 minutes before the bus arrives, and it will not wait for late students. See a copy of each grade's bus routes in the media portion of this article.
The district also requested parents adhere to the following bus rules and regulations:
1. Students boarding the bus from the right side of the road must stand back in a safe designated spot and wait until the bus comes to a complete stop and the red lights are flashing before approaching the bus. Students boarding the bus from the left will use the same rules as the right side but must wait for the driver to give a hand signal to cross the street.
2. Students must carry backpacks and other bags in front of them when boarding and discharging the bus. NO KEY CHAINS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF DANGLING ITEMS CAN BE HANGING FROM THE BACKPACKS.
3. While on the bus the pupil is under the authority of and directly responsible to the bus driver.
4. Upon entering the school bus, the pupils shall take their assigned seats. Pupils shall remain seated at all times, facing forward in the seat. The aisle must be kept clear at all times. No arms, legs, feet or bags shall extend into the aisle way at any time. THIS IS A STATE LAW. All backpacks and bags must be held in student’s lap and nothing is to be stored under the seat. Any oversized project for school may not be transported by the bus.
5. Students shall conduct themselves on the school bus as they would in the classroom, except that a reasonable amount of quiet conversation is permissible. Loud calling to one another is not permitted.
6. Eating or drinking is not permitted at any time.
7. Riders shall not smoke or light matches or cigarette lighters or cause other flammable material to burn on or near the bus.
8. Students causing damage of any type to the school bus will be held liable for the cost of repairing the damage to the bus. Students causing willful and malicious damage will be denied the privilege of riding the bus.
9. Permission must be given by the bus driver before any windows may be opened. No throwing of any objects out of windows. No pencils, pens or any sharp objects are permitted out of the book bags while the student is on the bus.
10. Carrying of any dangerous objects or materials (such as knives, guns or fireworks) is an automatic suspension of bus riding privilges. The following items my not be transported on the bus: glass containters, skate boards, lawn chairs, balloons, barge boxes, skis, plastic sleds, baseball bats or live animals. Lacrosse or hockey sticks, golf clubs, soccer balls, footballs, basketballs, etc can be transported if they are in a proper sports bag.
Most Popular articles
- 2 Dads Turn in Sons in Separate Cases: Police Blotter
- Grand Opening Planned for New Fitness Facility on Miller Road
- Officers Honored for Saving Victims of Fiery Crash
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- Bath Gets Grant to Study Bicycle, Pedestrian Access in the Area