At Tuesday's Revere Board of Education meeting, members accepted the resignation of head football coach Phil Heyn.
Heyn has been the football coach for three years, said Superintendent Randy Boroff. Heyn is also a social studies teacher at Revere High School.
"He felt that after this last season it would be in the best interest of the program if there was new leadership," Boroff said.
Heyn's position as coach was renewed yearly, as a supplemental contract, Boroff said.
"He has developed great relationships with the students he teaches and has coached," Boroff said. "We understand his reasons for stepping down, yet we support him 100 percent in his future pursuits."
Heyn was not available for comment at the time of this post. Check back with Fairlawn-Bath Patch for more information as it becomes available.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Grand Opening Planned for New Fitness Facility on Miller Road
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- House for Sale Has Bathroom with Whirlpool Tub, Double Sinks
- Bath Gets Grant to Study Bicycle, Pedestrian Access in the Area
- Officers Honored for Saving Victims of Fiery Crash