Our Top 10 List of Stories for 2011
Today and tomorrow, we take a look at the most popular stories on Fairlawn-Bath Patch this year.
2012 is almost upon us, and a lot has happened over the past year. We at Fairlawn-Bath Patch have had the privilege of covering the events for you.
The Copley Township shooting rampage that happened on a Sunday morning in August dominates the first half of our list. Be sure to come back tomorrow to learn what stories made our second half.
Below are five of our most-read stories, starting with No. 10:
10. About 200 shell-shocked friends and neighbors remembered the victims of a shooting rampage at a prayer vigil. Eight people were left dead on a Sunday morning after a gunman went on a shooting spree in Copley Township.
9. Michael Hance was identified by Copley Police as the gunman who killed neighbors and family. Three of his victims were children.
8. Summit County's Chief Medical Investigator Gary Guenther said the victims of the shooting spree died quickly. All but one had been shot in the head at least once.
7. Copley-Fairlawn Schools Superintendent Brian Poe confirmed that two of the eight killed in the shooting rampage were students at the high school. Autumn Johnson and Amelia Shambaugh were sitting in a car when they were killed.
6. Police from Copley, Akron and the Summit County Sheriff's Department worked together in recovering evidence from four crime scenes on Schocalog Road and Goodenough Avenue. Bath Police and Fairlawn Police are helped in the investigation. See our video.