Fairlawn's Mayor William Roth has known for at least a month who wanted to buy the vacant land at the corner of West Market Street and Shiawassee Avenue, but he couldn't go on the record.
According to the Akron Beacon Journal, plans for a 4,500-square-foot building will go before Planning Commission on Nov. 8.
Roth said the land used to belong to a gas station, but it has since been remediated by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
ABJ reports the builders expect to close the land deal in April.
Several of Fairlawn-Bath Patch's Facebook fans have sounded off on this development and say building a McDonald's is a bad idea, especially with one so close by.
Planning Commission will make the final approval of the plans at 5:30 on Nov. 8, and if you want to go in favor of or to oppose the plan there will be time for public speaking.
Are you excited for McDonald's to build? Or were you looking forward to something else being there? Tell us in the comments!
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- 2 Dads Turn in Sons in Separate Cases: Police Blotter
- Grand Opening Planned for New Fitness Facility on Miller Road
- Officers Honored for Saving Victims of Fiery Crash
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- Bath Gets Grant to Study Bicycle, Pedestrian Access in the Area