An 8-year-old Fort Island Primary student told police a man tried to lure her into his truck while she waited for the bus Wednesday morning, according to a statement Superintendent Brian Poe.
The man pulled into her South Hametown Road (in Copley) driveway in a blue-green truck around 8:30 a.m. and motioned and yelled for her to get into his truck. When the girl refused, the man drove away, the statement said. The girl was not harmed and made it safely to school.
Because the window was only partially rolled down, the girl could not describe the man to police.
Copley-Fairlawn Schools reported the incident to the Copley Police Department, which is investigating.
Copley Police said there have been no similar incidents reported this year and that officers will continue to patrol bus routes in the mornings and afternoons.
If you have any information, please call the police department at 330-666-4218.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- House for Sale Has Bathroom with Whirlpool Tub, Double Sinks
- What’s the Going Rate For a Lawn Service in Fairlawn and Bath?
- Police Ask Parents to Register Graduation Parties
- Crown Point Ecology Center's Annual Broadway in the Barn Approaching