The man grabbed two 40-inch TVs, put them in his cart, removed the sensors and headed toward the front of the store, the report reads.
When security stopped the man at the doors, he pushed the cart away, ran to his car and drove away ... but not very far.
Police found the man's car behind the Fidelity building and promptly charged him with theft, the report stated. The two TVs were valued at $836.
See More on Patch
- Employee Rings Up Gift Cards, and Gives them to Himself: Police Blotter
- News of the Week: Weird Robbery; New Business
- Couple Goes to Police about Stalker: Fairlawn Blotter
- Coats Back Home After Trip to Brecksville: Fairlawn Police Blotter
- Watch Your Spare Tires; Shoplifter's Trick Doesn't Work: Police Blotter
Most Popular articles
- Grand Opening Planned for New Fitness Facility on Miller Road
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- House for Sale Has Bathroom with Whirlpool Tub, Double Sinks
- Bath Gets Grant to Study Bicycle, Pedestrian Access in the Area
- Officers Honored for Saving Victims of Fiery Crash