A man driving a 2012 Ford pickup truck pulled over near the rest area on Interstate 77 south in Bath Township around 11:54 a.m. Tuesday and shot himself, according to Bath Township Police Chief Michael McNeely. Richfield Police were also on scene.
William P. Mattingly, 50, died from a gunshot wound to the head, according to a Highway Patrol report. He was from North Perry in Lake County, according to Highway Patrol Lt. Anne Ralston. A call came into dispatch about a man slumped over in his car, according to a report.
Social media interactions with Fairlawn-Bath Patch on Twitter said traffic was down to one lane on the highway around that time.
More information was not available at the time of publication. For updates throughout the day, be sure to "Like" Fairlawn-Bath Patch on Facebook.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- House for Sale Has Bathroom with Whirlpool Tub, Double Sinks
- What’s the Going Rate For a Lawn Service in Fairlawn and Bath?
- Man Needs Stitches after Petting 'Friendly' Dog: Police Blotter
- Police Ask Parents to Register Graduation Parties
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter