For the last several years, Santa has been making his way around Bath Township on a fire truck, delivering presents to good little boys and girls.
Sadly, Santa will not make his rounds this year.
"Time just got away from them and they decided not to do it," Hower said. "You might hear other rumors floating around, but that's the bottom line."
The way the program worked was parents brought wrapped presents into the fire station and gave their address. Then Santa would arrive at the home on a fire truck and deliver the present.
The program didn't cost the fire department a penny, Hower said. Everyone who participated donated their time.
There's always a chance the program could come back next year, Hower said, but he didn't know for sure.
"It was a well received program, I'll give you that," Hower said. "But I don't want to comment on why they decided not to do it. It's what they've chosen to do."
Were your kids looking forward to Santa's arrival? Tell us in the comments.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- House for Sale Has Bathroom with Whirlpool Tub, Double Sinks
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- What’s the Going Rate For a Lawn Service in Fairlawn and Bath?
- Police Ask Parents to Register Graduation Parties
- Crown Point Ecology Center's Annual Broadway in the Barn Approaching