Fairlawn-Bath Election Guide
The candidates, incumbents and issues that will be affecting Fairlawn, Bath Township and Summit County.
As we look ahead to November's elections, Fairlawn-Bath Patch is devoted to bringing you the information you need about every race in town.
Here's our start on the candidates* and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for later election updates.
- President Obama: He's been here before, so who knows? He might stop by again. If so, we'll be there.
- GOP Presidential Nominee Mitt Romney: the former Massachussetts governor has stopped in Ohio repeatedly, including in several Ohio Patch towns. We'll cover any more local trips to the region.
- State House District 38: Mike Kaplan (D-Peninsula) challenges Marilyn Slaby (R-Copley). The former challenger was Lynn Slaby, but he was appointed to a seat in the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio.
- Summit County Executive:Incumbent Russ Pry (D-Akron) challenges Munroe Falls Mayor Frank A. Larson, Jr. (R-Munroe Falls)
- Summit County Prosecutor: Incumbent Prosecutor Sherri Bevan Walsh (D) challenges Candace Kim Knox (R-Akron)
- Summit County Clerk of Courts: Incumbent Daniel Horrigan (D-Akron) challenges Kandi S. O'Connor (R-Hudson)
- Summit County Sheriff: Steve Barry (D-Uniontown) vs. Randy L. Rivers (R-Cuyahoga Falls)
- Summit County Fiscal Officer:Incumbent Kristen M. Scalise (D-Cuyahoga Falls) challenges Ronald A. Antal (R-Hudson)
- Summit County Engineer: Incumbent Alan Brubaker (D-Akron) challenges Bruce L. Robinson (R-Cuyahoga Falls)
- Summit County Council At-Large: Incumbent Sandra Kurt (D-Akron) challenges Jane Davis (R-Hudson)
- Summit County Council District 1 (Bath Township): Incumbent Nick Kostandaras (D-Richfield), is running against Greg Roemer (R-Richfield).
- Summit County Council District 4 (Bath Township): Incumbent Frank Comunale (D-Akron) is challenged by Mike Hoover (R-Akron)
- Summit County Council District 5 (Fairlawn):Incumbent Tamela Lee (D-Akron), is running against Lance Reed (R-Copley).
*Candidates were contacted for the information provided in the election bio pages linked on this page. If a candidate is missing a bio, it is because he or she did not respond to our request for that information.