On Aug. 7, 2011, Michael Hance opened fire in the Goodenough neighborhood in Copley Township, killing seven people, including two Copley High School students.
Tuesday marks the one-year anniversary of the Copley tragedy and a memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. at Copley Community Park, Pavillion C, 3232 Copley Road, to remember the victims.
Among the victims was 11-year-old Scott Dieter, his father Craig Dieter, 17-year-old Copley High students Autumn Johnson and Amelia Shambaugh, Russ and Gertie Johnson and their son Brian Johnson.
Hance was also killed when gunfire exchanged between Copley police and Hance.
Will you be at the vigil?
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- 2 Dads Turn in Sons in Separate Cases: Police Blotter
- Grand Opening Planned for New Fitness Facility on Miller Road
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- Bath Gets Grant to Study Bicycle, Pedestrian Access in the Area
- Officers Honored for Saving Victims of Fiery Crash