Bath Man's Property Catches Fire Again, Months After Garage Fire
Part of Cleveland-Massillon Road is still closed while crews finish at the scene.
A Copley man driving home from work on Cleveland-Massillon Road was in the right place at the right time.
"I saw smoke as I was coming down the valley there," said Eric Lisowski. "I don't know what made me turn around to look, but I did and I saw flames."
The house at 1340 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road, across from R.B. Stout, caught fire some time around 3:50 p.m. Wednesday. Firefighters on the scene think it may be a chimney fire, but crews are still at the scene. A portion of Cleveland-Massillon Road is still closed as crews work to clean up the scene.
"I pulled my car up the driveway and ran up to their door and started banging as hard as I could," Lisowski said. "No one was coming to the door and I was yelling."
The homeowner, his wife and two dogs were inside, Lisowski said. The man did not know their names but according to the Summit County Fiscal Officer's website, the home belongs to Christie and Joshua Baughman. The homeowner was sleeping while Lisowski banged on the door.
Eventually everyone came to and no one was injured.
This is the second time a structure on this property has caught fire within a year. Read about the first fire in November here.
Check back for more information about the fire as it becomes available from fire officials.