A drunk 71-year-old man was almost side-swiped on Aug. 29 when he pulled out into traffic from Montrose Center, according to Bath Township police.
A Bath officer saw the man pull out from the plaza and head north on Cleveland-Massillon Road, the report said. The man then turned right onto West Market Street and headed into Fairlawn while weaving in his lanes, the report said.
The Bath officer caught up with the man at West Market Street and Bancroft Road. The report said the officer could smell alcohol and the he failed several field sobriety tests. In a breath test, he blew a 0.170. The legal limit is 0.08.
Bath police charged the man with drunken driving and a marked lanes violation. He was taken back to the DoubleTree Hotel where he was staying for the night.
See More on Patch
- Driver Hits Same Car Twice Before He's Arrested: Police Blotter
- Shoplifter Has 43 Items in Her Coat; Panhandlers Fight Over Spot: Bath Police Blotter
- Strange Order at Drive-Through Leads to Arrest
- Note Used to Rob Walmart, Failed Pizza Robbery, Drunk Man Tased: Best of the Blotter
- Bath Resident Conned by Craigslist Scam: Police Blotter