Hospice Volunteers Needed in Barberton
- Organization: HMC Barber
- Causes: Health
- Date(s): New Volunteer Training begins September 27 and runs through November 15.
- Contact person: Wendy Klubnik
- Phone: 330.722.4771 ext. 262
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.hospiceofmedina.org
Medina, Ohio, August 15, 2012 – Time is a precious commodity. HMC Barberton Hospice & Palliative Care understands that work, family and friends take up much of your time. However, we’d like to challenge you to find just an hour or two a month for one more very important cause . . . the terminally ill patients and their families living in your community.
HMC Barberton Hospice & Palliative Care is in need of honest, dedicated men, women, mothers, fathers, secretaries, plumbers, mechanics, grocery clerks, bus drivers, etc. Simply put, we’re looking for good people to give a little time to make a big difference for others. Here are just a few ways we could use your special talents or interests:
- Support a fellow veteran by giving time as a “We Honor Veterans” volunteer. Listen and share military stories. Participate in pinning ceremonies.
- Provide invaluable office assistance with your organizational skills. Assemble new patient packets, help with mailings and assist with data entry.
- Visit with patients and their families, run errands, prepare meals, stay with patients so family members can enjoy much needed rest.